I've come to realise that there are quite a few oddities with certain characters in the games. I found that some of these could become plans for the 4th games when it comes out. Have a look at these and tell me what you think. I'll try find more.
*In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, the music that plays during Mario and Luigi's final battle with him is the same as Popple's battle theme. However, Japanese version's music is the same as that sounds in the battle against Cackletta.
- Popple usually fights alongside Rookie, who is actually Bowser, who is one of Fawful's worst enemies besides the Mario Bros. It is also interesting to note that Popple and Fawful have similar sounding names.
- Even though the natives of the Beanbean Kingdom have four fingers to each hand, Fawful has five fingers on each hand, as seen in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, meaning he may not have Beanish origins. He also has five fingers on each hand in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, meaning that this is not an error on the part of the creators of the game. It should be noted that Popple and also the Queen Bean has five fingers, as well. The three characters also share the same big smile.
- The September issue of Nintendo Power calls Fawful "Quite possibly, the most quotable character video game character ever." Later in the October 2009 issue of Nintendo Power, he was called the "Star" of Bowser's Inside Story.
- The song that Dark Fawful sings in Bowser's Inside Story before his battle against Bowser is a parody of the Scooby-Doo theme song.
- In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, before Fawful is fought the first time, one of the radar-devices he uses is shaped like a Nintendo DS Lite.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one of the names that can be generated from pressing the "RANDOM NAME" button is FWFUL, a reference to Fawful.
- As Dark Fawful, Fawful is the second RPG main antagonist and final boss to be fought inside Bowser, the first being Cackletta.
- Like Dimentio, Fawful is often tagged as being "insane" and "psychotic". Both of them begin as assistant villains, then later, whether in the same game or two games later, they become the main antagonist. They take an ultimate form in the final battle, and both have a similar death scene at the end. It is also notable that both Dimentio and Fawful share the "always smiling" personality.
- Fawful is one of the few recurring villains that is not associated with Bowser or the Koopa Troop. Others include Donkey Kong, Wario, and Tatanga, though Wario seldom takes the role of antagonist, and Tatanga is the only other one who does not get his own series as a protagonist.
I own: Gameboy Advance SP (Cobalt) | NDS lite (Jet Black) | CycloDS Evolution (Black) 2.1
Creator of: Mario And Luigi Entertainment | Fingerz - me, myself and I
Proud member of: CycloDS Revolution | Pokémon HG/SS | Saves